5 Steps to Find Your Superpower
Each of us has a superpower – it is your unique talent, an ability no one else in your company routinely exhibits, that one thing that always makes your brain dance. What I find interesting is the number of people who have not identified or downplay their superpower.
So, how do you know what your superpower is? I’m glad you asked! Here are five ways to do so:
- Question what you’ve always done well. We all come with batteries included. Believe it or not, you have had this superpower since you were a little kid. You may have exhibited it in different ways throughout your life, but it has always been there.
- Examine how you interact in new environments. You automatically bring your superpower to every situation, every activity. There is a theme to how you participate in the opportunities and activities you seek out – your superpower is evident in each of them.
- Ask yourself — what comes naturally to me? You may not think of your superpower as all that distinctive because it just happens – there is no conscious thought behind it. Your superpower may feel dull to you; however, when you recognize it, you will understand what drives you.
- Consider what people count on you to do. Everyone else recognizes your superpower and they seek you out because of it. They are naturally drawn to you. Think about what people regularly ask you to do.
- Think about what you love. You love to use your superpower no matter where you are. It shows up in your personal life, your professional life, and all your relationships.
Once you recognize your superpower, you can strengthen it by using it to become the best version of you. Your superpower is you – celebrate it and wear that cape proudly!
Interested in how to harness your natural talents and interests to advance your organization’s success? My superpower is asking the right questions at the right time. Fill out the consult form below to get in touch for a free consultation — your best self is waiting on the other side.